Sustainability Learning Community
The ANU Sustainability Learning Community (SLC) is a network of staff and students from across ANU who are addressing everyday environment and sustainability-related issues in the campus community.
Like other ANU Learning Communities, the SLC brings together like-minded people with an interest in collaborative learning outside of the classroom. You don't have to be studying sustainability to be a part of the SLC and it's a great way to pursue an interest in addition to your field of study.
The SLC works closely with the ANUgreen Sustainability Office and campus Green Leaders, and organises a number of activities including an organic community garden on campus, social events, campus clean-up days, residential competitions, the annual Great Green Debate, and more.
All ANU staff and students with an interest in campus sustainability are encouraged to join.
Why get involved in the SLC?
- Gets hands-on and practical experience in sustainability issues that will enhance your CV.
- Access professional development opportunities including on and off campus internships.
- Explore the option of getting academic credit for work on campus sustainability projects.
- Network with people and organisations from the university and wider community who share an interest in sustainability.
- Help to foster a culture of sustainability at ANU and make an impact in your campus community!