Environmental Management Plan
The ANU Environmental Management Plan (pdf 266KB) outlines the University's sustainability targets and implementation strategies to guide environmental management to 2015 and beyond. Through this plan, ANU will provide research and study facilities displaying world's best sustainability practice. The targets specified in the plan exceed statutory requirements and industry standards, with the intent that ANU will innovate and lead in the global challenge of sustainability.
The plan is built on the following principles:
- Exceeding world and Australian best sustainability practices, in particular for energy and water use.
- Encouraging sustainability in the boarder community through outreach activities and demonstration projects.
- Mainstreaming sustainability management across university decision-making processes and operations.
- Fostering and organisational culture for sustainability through responsibility, innovation and leadership.
- Integrating sustainable campus management with professional development and academic programs.
The Environmental Management Plan must be considered by stakeholders in the University on an ongoing basis as well as upon development of new projects and initiatives.